Are you a kayaker, canoeist or rower? Have you ever wondered what it's like to paddle in a dragon boat with 20 other people?
Typhoon Dragon Boat Club is currently recruiting for individuals who have a passion for water-sports and is motivated by being in a team of like-minded enthusiasts. We are currently in training for this year's national dragon boat races.
If you are strong-minded, like to have a bit of fun but will also strive to reach your goals, this sport is for you!
Typhoon DBC is one of the largest dragonboat teams in London, made up of a network of friends from all walks of life, and we get in the boat to show what we can do, what we can achieve.
We were 2007 Standard League Champions and last year we came 3rd in the 200m and 4th in the 500m Premier League.
We are a non-profit organisation and raise money for charity by entering international races and long distance events.
We train every Saturday from 09:30 at the London Regatta Centre and also on Tuesday and Thursday at 18:30. If you want to try it out, drop us an email and we'll be very happy to have you on board. There's nothing to pay for your first session.
For more information, please go to our Contact Us page
- Dedicated coaching team
- GB European medalist paddler
- Individual one to one and group training available
- Great relations with the top Dragon boat clubs in the country
- Unlimited access to 01's anytime in the week
- Three dragon boat sessions a week
- Group 01 (single dragon boat) training available
- Opportunities to compete in Charity, National and International events abroad. Last year we competing in Venice in Italy, this year in HK Stanley
- To be part of the most successful dragon boat club in docklands in 2008
- Proven training program - turning novices into National league level paddlers in 4 weeks
Our Achievments so far:
- Standard League Champs of 2007
- Most Improved BDA Crew of 2007
- Premium League 3rd place in 200m in 2008
- Premium League 4th place in 200m in 2008 in our debut year
- Premium League 6th place in both the 200m and 500m in 2009
- Raising money for Charity work £10K for NSPCC and Breast Cancer Campaign in 2008